Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Diastrous Outing

Dad bought a family package to Singapore Garden Festival on Sunday. He said it was a surprise for us. Ya! A big surprise ! You can say that again! I had doubts if he would enjoy such an exhibition.

Sure enough..... the diaster happened right from the beginning when we entered the horrible carpark. It was full and Son always does not like it when we cannot find a parking lot. He had his first meltdown and ended when we decided to get to the convention centre first while dad tried to find a lot.

Second meltdown...... the food court was crazily packed and we could not find a place to sit down. Son was screaming away and I almost wanted to do the same too! Frankly speaking, I cannot stand crowd too. I will feel very pressurise and then my giddiness and breathlessness will come.

We finally got a table when a group of senior citizens left... must have been scared orr by son's scream. By that time , my face had turned long and black. I was grumbling and cursing away and Dad was angry too that no one appreciates his 'thoughtfulness' . Oh come on! Doesn't he know his son? This is definitely the wrong place and the wrong time to come.

So we went into the exhibition hall , hardly see anything, and then Son saw the exit . That's it. A ticket to go in and come out straight. Dad and Daughter stayed in the hall... ah but then ... waste two tickets is better than four. I had a hard time entertaining him for the next hour or two. I was getting tired and it was my turn to have a meltdown. I summoned the two, who apparently were having a good time, to get out of the exhibition at once ! I could feel the fire in my body.... boiling mad was I.

It was a relief for both my son and myself to be home! My dear Dad, can you please give me a better surprise next time? I love surprises..... even though you seldom give me one... but this time it is really a bad one. USE YOUR BRAIN NEXT TIME..... PLEASE (sorry for my rudeness)

No comments:

Post a Comment