Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hi Mum

I have just given Son an old handphone. I want him to learn how to call any of the family members in case of emergency. I thought it's about time, since he will be in primary one soon. If he can call me or vice versa, at least I won't have to worry so much about losing him ! It had happened a few occasions and the anxiety of losing sight of him can kill !

I let him try calling me at home. He seems to be able to handle it but I have to remind him that the phone is only for emergency call and not for play. He seems to understand too.

We went to the library and it was the first time he was taking a phone with him. I left him at the children section and reminded him to stay put and call me if anything happened.

Barely reaching the adult section, and about to get a book out of the shelf, my phone rang! My God! It was Son's number! What could have happened?!

' Hi Mum! I just found a book on Magic .... ' he told me excitedly.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry?!

I told him to stay there and enjoy his book and would be back in a minute.

I am really happy that he is able to express his feelings to me (through a phone call), even though he is not suppose to call in the library. I had to praise him for being able to call me, but then I also had to remind him that he is not suppose to call unnecessarily in the library.

It is a happy day to rejoice a small improvement in him ! Hopefully there will be more as he grows and matures.

No comments:

Post a Comment