Friday, January 14, 2011

The Next Transition : Primary School

Finally, my dear son manages to go to a mainstream primary school. It would be another transition and I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed, even though I know reports of inappropriate behaviour are inevitable.

Surprisingly, he seems to like going primary school than to preschool or eipic centre. Phew! At least he does not say : I 'm not going to school. I want to stay at home forever!

Everyday, when I ask him how school is, his reply is a prompt 'Good' and even 'Excellent'.

Well, should I trust him? I think I will choose to believe him first so that I will not have sleepless nights starting so soon.

The first week is just orientation , just a lot of fun and games. So I guess it is still honeymoon period for him ( and me!) . Hoping for the best when lessons start.

According to the Sno, there are only 'minor hiccups', probably just some refusal to do a task and somtimes off focus ( I guess).

There is a Passing Out Parade at the end of the 3-day orientation. His class performed a mass dance and he performed very well. I am so surprised and proud of him.

I am hoping for the best when lessons start but I have to keep in mind that this is going to be a tough journey.

I have to be ready to persist and fight on for the best of my son!!

No comments:

Post a Comment