Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Story Telling In The Library

Today I was exceptionally tired, but I had told myself that I was going to take Son to a story telling session in the library. So we did make a trip to the library and I'm glad I went even though I was feeling groggy and couldn't help yawning every minute.

Initially, he wasn't very keen. He was more interested in the projector in the room. I had him sitting on my lap . I had to hold him tight so that he wouldn't dash out of the room or what not! I certainly do not want other parents to stare at me if he did create a racket. He did fidgets a little , on and off, but it was within my control. He said he wanted to go but with constant coaxing and getting him interested in the stories , he soon showed some interest. The last story ' Hello Is That Grandma' was a story he read before. The story teller was more interactive then, and he soon participated actively , with my prompting and encouragement,

The whole session lasted for 30 min, and I was glad we managed to sit through. It was definitely a good start. I need to get him more involve in social activities . When asked if he wants to go again , he says Ok . I was happy to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment